Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Services

As your doula I include the following services...plus many more! .

►free no obligation introduction meeting where I can answer any questions you might have about my services, experience etc.

►2-3 prenatal visits - to get to know each other better, create a birth plan, discuss desires for births, talk about comfort measures, relaxation techniques, etc

►access to my Lending Library

►binder filled with various information, local resources, tips, etc which is loaned out to you on our first prenatal visit and returned to me on our second pospartum visit

►Continuous support during labour - emotional support and physical comfort measures, I will meet with you when you are in labour and stay until 1 to 2 hours after the delivery to ensure you are settled in with your new family

►1-2 postpartum visits - answer any questions you may have about your new family, help with breastfeeding etc.

►unlimited email and telephone support 24 hours a day and 7 days a week

►I will remain on-call 24/7 for your labour and birth starting 2 weeks prior to your estimated due date and stay on call until your baby's birth day

►I always supply a back-up doula for all clients and will offer you the opportunity to meet her if you choose

◄As your Doula I DO NOT do the following:

◄Make decisions for you. I will help you get the information you need to make an informed decision.

◄Do not perform clinical tasks such as blood pressure readings, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams and others.

◄I will never provide medical advice. Your doctor/midwife is responsible for the health of both mother and baby

►take over for the partner. I am there to help incorporate them into the birth process, offer them support and give them the opportunity for breaks during labour

No comments: